Dr Marianne Duvenage
MBChB MMed (Derm) Pret
Advanced Diploma in Aesthetic Medicine
Dermatologist (PR No. 1201182)
I was elected as Head Girl at Menlo Park High School, Pretoria, where I completed Grade 12 with 6 distinctions in 1976. My dedication to my studies was rewarded when I was awarded the Ernest Oppenheimer Memorial Trust Scholarship to study medicine at The University of Pretoria.
In 1983 I completed my MBChB degree. In 1989 I received my MMed (Derm) (Pret) degree, thus qualifying as a specialist dermatologist. After completing my internship and working at a large hospital, I was presented with the major challenge of taking over a large and busy dermatology practice in 1990.
In 2000 I bought a Molemax machine to assist in the expert evaluation of moles. Being one of the first in South Africa to acquire such an apparatus, I regard myself as a true entrepreneur in the field.
Believing in a healthy lifestyle and knowing the importance of making time for oneself, I have a wide variety of interests and activities. These include:
- Golf and walking
- Photography (completed a course at The National School of Photography)
- Played the cello in Betty Pack's Youth Orchestra for many years
- Piano lessons for many years with the renowned Claudene van Breda
- I climbed Kilimanjaro (Uhuru peak – the highest peak in Africa) and cycled the 104km Argus Cycle Race
- I successfully walked around Mont Blanc, traversing France, Italy and Switzerland in the "Tour du Mont Blanc" in July 2008.